[rodgersorgan] Re: Possessive organists

  • From: HANEYRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:45:05 EDT

We keep our organ locked for one reason: uncontrolled children roam the place
at all times, without supervision. We had to replace an actual piston button
before because one took their fist and physically broke it..But anyone is
welcome to play it, by looking in the bench for the key, or asking the church
secretary.
While on the subject, I know of congregation members who are upset that the
church building itself is locked at night and when there is no staff
present...because it should be open for prayer or meditation, and no one
would steal anything from a church. We allowed this policy for awhile, and
when various individuals were startled by people asleep in Sunday school
rooms come Sunday morning, bottles in hand, it was discontinued.

Clark Haney Wells
Tahoka, Texas

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com