[rodgersorgan] Re: Pitches, I meant Pitches!

  • From: "John & Fran Meyers" <jack-fran1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:26:21 -0700

I am a good sight reader; and a poor memorizer. I recall having to learn a
Haydn contain while taking a college piano class. I memorized the darn
thing, but I had such a bad case of stage fright that my performance was
very rigid, frigid, whatever. I went home and promptly forgot it. A week
later I could not play it from memory. I love being able to sight read
because that makes it easier to accompany anthems at choir practice. My
director can hand me a piece and I can fake my way through it. There's the
rub. I can fake my way though, BUT I tend to be sloppy and it is difficult
to go back and clean up my act! Answer to the big Question is: I touch type
without thinking. That is my other profession. A medical secretary and
computer word processor. I have heard it said that good typists are also
good pianists, or is it vice versa.

Noel and Clay, thanks for your answers for the MIDI settings. Now it is
perfectly clear, and why didn't I realize that? Thanks again, Fran

Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx