[rodgersorgan] Re: Pedal "droppings"

  • From: Mark Huth <pdx_36@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:26:20 -0700 (PDT)

Karen wrote:

> I finally went to the hardware store and bought a tool that
> looks like an 18th-century medical instrument. (Cringe!)
> Not sure what this doohickey is called, but it consists
> of a narrow, flexible wand-like spring which contains a
> retractable grabber activated by a handle.

This is good to know as a 4th year medical school getting ready
for residency (and whose church instrument is *not* equipped
with a removable pedalboard).  I've been taking home endoscopes
used for GI procedures and am sure the doctors here will
appreciate it if I leave them here at the hospital  (anyone
associated with the medical profession or my academic standing
should know this is "fiction").

Why is it that pencils love to make a swan dive from the music
rack to the serenity of the dust beneath the pedalboard?  The
biggest aggravation has to be the pencil which balances
precariously between two pedals, waiting until my hand is about
2 inches away (that's almost a cm for our Canadian friends) then
bolts away just before I can grab it.  I think the console now
has more pencils than Office Depot.

Thank you, Karen, for letting me know about this wonderful
device.  I'll have to grab one myself.

Mark

http://sbc.yahoo.com