[rodgersorgan] Re: Parts Needed

  • From: Ed Wilson <actionkbd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

Keith,
Rodgers still uses those SAMs in the Moving drawknob models.  You can get those
same SAMs from OSI.  If you want cheap, check with your local Rodgers dealer
for some old pipe or electronic consoles they are going to scrap out (usually
the best bet is to offer to haul one out of a church in which they are going to
replace the console... that saves them the expense of hauling it to the dump).
Setterboards are so low tech that they can be built with a heap of slide
switches, but they are rather a pain to use, in my humble opinion.
There are other options, such as a new combo action, but then cost goes up, up,
up.
Ed
 Kzimmer0817@xxxxxxx wrote:
Fellow Organists,

I posted a message about my pipe organ back in September. I haven't really
done much to it except take the blower completely apart. I'm about to get
the motor serviced and put it back together. Then I will get a phase
converter because the motor is a 3 phase motor. As soon as the blower is
running, I should be able to make some quick progress.

I need a couple things that might also be found where old electronic organs
are found.

1. Stop Action Magnets (SAMs). The dual action stop tabs that move off/on
when the pistons are pressed. I think Rodgers used these back in the 1970's
before they started using the lighted rocker tabs. Allen used them even more
recently.

2. A combination action - either the capture type or the old setterboard
kind. I played an ooooooold Allen years ago that had a setterboard.

I'd like to find an old church style electronic organ with these parts whose
electronics are shot. I had tho't about trying to find the Allen dealership
nearest me (probably in Atlanta) or the Rodgers Dealership (Lancaster Music
in Gainesville, Ga) to see if they happen to have a really old model in their
shop that they'd allow me (for a low price) to come extract some parts.

Anyway, if anyone has access to some very cheap SAMs, please let me know.

thanks,
Keith Zimmerman

I'm hoping to get a website some time on which I can post pictures of my pipe
organ project.