[rodgersorgan] Parts Needed

  • From: Kzimmer0817@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:28:33 EST

Fellow Organists,

I posted a message about my pipe organ back in September.  I haven't really
done much to it except take the blower completely apart.  I'm about to get
the motor serviced and put it back together.  Then I will get a phase
converter because the motor is a 3 phase motor.  As soon as the blower is
running, I should be able to make some quick progress.

I need a couple things that might also be found where old electronic organs
are found.

1.  Stop Action Magnets (SAMs).  The dual action stop tabs that move off/on
when the pistons are pressed.  I think Rodgers used these back in the 1970's
before they started using the lighted rocker tabs.  Allen used them even more
recently.

2.  A combination action - either the capture type or the old setterboard
kind.  I played an ooooooold Allen years ago that had a setterboard.

I'd like to find an old church style electronic organ with these parts whose
electronics are shot.  I had tho't about trying to find the Allen dealership
nearest me (probably in Atlanta) or the Rodgers Dealership (Lancaster Music
in Gainesville, Ga) to see if they happen to have a really old model in their
shop that they'd allow me (for a low price) to come extract some parts.

Anyway, if anyone has access to some very cheap SAMs, please let me know.

thanks,
Keith Zimmerman

I'm hoping to get a website some time on which I can post pictures of my pipe
organ project.