[rodgersorgan] Palm Sunday

  • From: "Randall J. Smith" <randallsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:09:15 -0400

Do most of your churches process in with palm branches? Our children do. It's a
joyous occasion at our church.  Tomorrow the Processional Hymn/Prelude is
"Mantles and Branches", which is a  Latino-type hymn from the United Methodist
Hymnal.  Then the chancel choir and the children's choir is singing "Antiphonal
Hosanna."  Wish I could remember who composed it.   The Opening Hymn is
"Hosanna, Loud Hosanna" for which I composed a big trumpet fanfare for.  I have
it recorded on the PR300.  I'll end up with full organ.
The offertory is Adult hand bells doing an arrangement of "Oh How He Loves You
and Me."    The next hymn is "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus."    The choir
anthem is a good arrangement of Twyla Paris'  "Lamb of God."  The last hymn is
"All Glory, Laude and Honor."   My postlude is John Stanley's "Trumpet Tune".

Sunday night we are doing "Song of the Shadow" , a Lenten cantata.  We are
combining with the Baptist, Presbyterian and another Methodist choir.  There is
a "Seder Meal" before the cantata.

Anybody else have this much going on?

Randall Smith
West Point FUMC