[rodgersorgan] Re: Organs & Praise Bands -

  • From: "Charlie Strack" <charlie_strack@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:18:21 -0700

OK, I'll throw in a few cents.

I don't have any direct experience with "praise bands" but suspect I'd =
rather not have any.

From the original posting: "this 'entertainment music' puts the emphasis =
on the performers and what they can do to move the motions of the =
listeners." While I would concur the emphasis in a service should never be =
on the performers, and we shouldn't look to a worship service for =
entertainment (except in the sense of contemplation--i.e., to entertain an =
idea =3D to contemplate an idea), I would argue that the whole point of =
music is to emotional.

Best regards,
Charlie

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com