[rodgersorgan] Organ Book - again

  • From: KZimme7737@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:54:06 EDT

Listers,

I hate to rehash an old topic, so please feel free to reply privately if
others don't want to read the same thing.

There has been an organ method book by Flor Peters that was recommended some
time ago.

There was another book also recommended the name of which I don't remember.
Actually, I think we have a copy at church.  The one we have is a hard cover
red book.

BTW, I'd also like recommendations for CDs of Bach's organ music as well as
Anthologies of Baroque organ music.  I prefer recording of smaller to medium
sized organs.  I have a recording of E. Power Biggs playing a huge organ in
some cathedral.  Actually, it's 4 pipe organs that can be played from a
single console.  It was too showy for me.

I'm putting together my birthday and Christmas lists.

Thanks,
Keith Zimmerman
Commerce, Georgia