[rodgersorgan] ORGAN SCAM, SELLERS BEWARE!!!

  • From: Quentsmith@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:05:01 EST

Karen and I posted our Rodgers three manual Trillium 927 on this list and on
several websites dealing in organ sales and uncovered a scam regarding high
ticket items being sold on the internet. I have also posted this notice on
Pipechat. The scam involves an item for sale at a good price, our organ for
example was $41,500.00. Any sales lead is always exciting as you get few, not
everyone can afford an item like this. The deal is from a foreign country, in
our case, Nigeria. They offer to buy the item, no arguing over cost, and will
have a friend in the US conduct the shipping for them. When you agree, they
will send you a certified check, not for the amount you ask, in our case the
$41,500, but an amount far exceeding it. It most cases it is over $4500.00 up
to $10,000.00. This amount is to be sent to someone in the US. You take the
certified check to the bank and the bank puts a hold on it for seven days.
They call you saying the check cleared and you can issue the overage. When
you send your amount off, you wait to hear about shipping the organ. You will
not hear from anyone except the bank when they notify you the check was no
good after all. You are out the money you sent on. I found out about this
from the Chrysler 300 Club International when someone actually got scammed on
a 300 letter car they were selling for $35,000. They lost $7500 but still
have the car. Anyone selling anything and get a foreign, or even an offer in
the US, make sure they wire transfer any money, no phoney checks and no
payments to others off what you receive. Karen got her Rodgers Trillium 967
set up today and we love it. Hector Olivera signed the bench for her while
she was in the hospital so we are especially tickled. Quentin & Karen Smith