[rodgersorgan] Notre Dame organ playing

  • From: Illjane@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:41:26 EDT

> As an aside, I visited the website of a major music publisher that stated
> that the organ at Notre
> Dame - Paris - plays all day courtesy of a Roland Sequencer.
    I'm sorry I'm so late in responding.   After returning from 16 days in
Europe I spent ten days in Virginia.
    When we visited the Notre Dame Cathedral in the afternoon of Friday
August 2nd, we did not hear the organ play.   I was disapointed, but...we
enjoyed the tour which was given by a girl whose first language was Spanish.
She told us that students were giving these tours in a language other than
their own so that they could learn the other language better.   She was
wishing she could speak Spanish because she felt so much more fluent, she
said,  but other than the heavy accent, her talk was flawless, even in
responding to our questions.                    Jane

New Guide to Playing MIDI Voices...with Music you can play in church.  See
Playing MIDI Live at the Organ at Frog Music Press!

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com