[rodgersorganusers] Re: New Organ Blues

  • From: George Husson <georganist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:12:43 -0800 (PST)

Let's share the info.  I, too, do my research before I call up my dealer or go
shopping for the price of anything.  Otherwise, how do you know you are getting
a fair deal?  I'm all for publishing a LIST price on either this list or on the
Internet.  The seller's price is more often than not lower than the list price
which makes all of us think we are getting a deal.

--George / San Francisco
William Hubert <whubert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am sorry to have to STRONGLY disagree with Al on the subject of not
listing prices anywhere. The internet is all about information and one of
the most relevant items on ANY product is a relative price. I prefer a Rolex
because of its appearance over a Timex, but when I learn of the relative
price of the Rolex it dictates that I can't consider the Rolex.

It amazes me that anyone can feel that withholding information that can
ultimately help in the sale of a product is a good thing.

After all we are almost all finitely limited in our financial resources.
Al's attitude sounds like J.P Morgan talking about yachts "IF you have to
ask the price, you can't afford it!"

I might be interested in a module and put it on my wish list, but without a
indicator of price I simply will put it out of my mind as no price
indicateds it is not affordable.

Bill