[rodgersorgan] New Member Intro

  • From: Robert Scheiblhofer <stbees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:32:29 -0500

Greetings!

I have been "lurking" on the Frog Music Press website for some time now
reading messages in the archive.  Finally decided it's about time to
jump in and join the group.

I first played a Rodgers organ in the late 60's - for those of you who
can remember the late 60's, congratulations!  I was impressed at the
time and have continued to be impressed with the quality of sound that
Rodgers gets out of its instruments.

At the present time I am not playing professionally, though I did serve
Roman and Anglican parishes for many years as organist and choirmaster.
About ten years ago I finally surrendered to the call and am now located
at the other end of nave - no longer in the loft, but in the sanctuary.
I am rector of a small Anglo-Catholic parish which boasts a very
competent choir accompanied by a nearly 30 rank organ of somewhat mixed
pedigree.  It is augmented at times by my Rodgers C-100 which also fills
in during Holy Week when the main organ is not used.

I have been "drooling" over the most recent Rodgers offerings and
continue to look forward to the time when I will own something a little
more substantial than the the C-100.

Thank you for reading my ramblings.  I look forward to continuing
correspondence with this august group.

Fr. Robert Scheiblhofer
Omaha, Nebraska

Learn how to play Fanfares and Trumpet Tunes with Trumpet, Harpsichord and
Timpani: Go to www.frogmusic.com/SPML.html

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com