[rodgersorgan] Re: New List Member in Utah

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:12:44 -0400

Thanks, Rick for a very nicely-put message...I think you will fit in very
nicely
here.

We rarely have any discussion about all the instruments and you have captured
the prevailing scene very concisely and accurately as many of us see it.

As a reminder to all, this is a moderated group, which means messages appear at
the whim of the moderator, me.  As Rick says, "I've found that it's often
difficult to listen to dealers rip on each other" and I can say Amen! to
thatand
I add organists and organs to dealers on each other!

The music we can make is the issue and the instrument should assist and never
ever get in the way of our music making.

"I will, however, look at ..... again" reminds me of Erik Routley's comment to
the effect that saying that all electronic organs are awful is like saying all
football players are stupid...but he went on to say he had never played an
electronic that he liked...but he hadn't stopped looking.

Many of us are unaware that in some very civilized countries, Germany for
example, the churches are government maintained and the government makes a list
of organs they will buy...we have a wondrous freedom to choose here in the US
which makes us at times not realize the restrictions placed upon others.

Anyhow, we are glad to have you here.

noel jones

!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com