[rodgersorgan] Re: My two cents worth

  • From: "Jerry Strong" <strong@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:51:49 -0700

With regards to locked consoles...

10 years ago when we replaced our well-aged Conn with a Rodgers 940, I too
felt it should be locked and only accessible to those "chosen few." My
opinion was not shared by our Minister of music who felt it should be open
for all. Especially anyone who might have an interest in becoming an
organist.

Once I discovered the beauty of the Rodgers Personal Memory Card, my opinion
changed and now I have no problems with leaving the organ console unlocked
for anyone to enjoy. Because when I take my memory card and go home, all my
piston memories and all other special feature settings go home with me and
can't be changed by someone else sitting down at the bench between the time
I practice and Sunday's service.

We went ahead and purchased more memory cards for each of the organists.
What a GREAT invention and wonderful feature! I only wish they had utilized
a more generic type of memory card back then so it wouldn't cost so much to
get more of them.

Now my only gripe is they leave the roll-top up and the keys accumulate dust
during the week. I always close (but not lock) the roll-top.

~Jerry~

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com