[rodgersorgan] My new practice organ

  • From: "James Hughston" <jimhughston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:27:49 -0400

 I just bought a  "midi pedalboard" directly from Laukhuff organ
builders in Germany.

 http://www.laukhuff.de/english/midipedal_e.html

 Mine is  a 32-note pedalboard (non-foldable) made to AGO
specifications.

 Also bought the stand, bench, and music rack from them.

 The bench (designed for their foldable, flat, non-radiating
 pedalboard) will not move forward enough for me and cannot be
adjusted
 high enough.  I am purchasing an organ bench from a local organ
 builder (also Rodgers dealer) to be delivered next week.

 I have and Ensoniq VSD-FX synthesizer and a 61 note midi controller
 keyboard that I use with the pedalboard to complete my practice
organ.
 I plug the synthesizer into my stereo system, which is robust enough
 to handle it, and sounds so much better than using my Peavey
speakers.

 The two keyboards are a little further apart than the manuals on a
 regular two-manual organ, but I don't find that to be a problem.  The
 shelf for the second or upper keyboard on the stand is shorter from
 front to back than the shelf for the lower keyboard; so another
 synthesizer/keyboard will not fit on the upper shelf.  The midi
 controller keyboard that I have is only 9 inches from front to back
 and fits very nicely.

 I use a MIDI merge unit with my system so that I can use sounds from
 my synthesizer for the pedalboard, midi controller as well for the
 synthesizer itself.  I can use different sounds--one for each manual
 and pedalboard--or make them all the same.

 James Hughston
 jehughston@xxxxxxxxxxx

New Guide to Playing MIDI Voices...with Music you can play in church.  See
Playing MIDI Live at the Organ at Frog Music Press!

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com