[rodgersorgan] Re: Music for September 11

  • From: "Matt G." <caddyorganist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:52:35 -0500

I would use Virgil Fox's Star Spangled Banner, Dan Miller's Great is Thy
Faithfulness, and an arrangement of It is Well With my Soul for organ solos.
For choir I would use, The Unseen Hand arr. Marty Hamby published by Van
Ness Press, He Never Failed me Yet by Robert Ray published by Jenson
Publications, My Faith Still Holds by Bill Gaither, and It's Time to Pray
for Our Nation/Lord Listen to Your Children Prayin' (from the Patriotic
musical Pray for Our Nation) arr. David Clydsdale, and William J.
Wilhousky's Battle Hymn of the Republic. All though all of them are for
choir and piano, but you can add the organ along with bass and drums and
make for great songs.

Matt G.
CaddyOrganist@xxxxxxxxxxx

>From: Pamela S Girard <psgirard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [rodgersorgan] Music for September 11
>Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:56:31 -0600
>

>Perhaps I'm not too good a music-planner, but significant music to
>commemorate the first anniversary of September 11 (on September 8 or 15)
>had not occurred to me.  Are any of you planning special pieces? and, if
>so, what?
>
>Pam Girard
>United Methodist Church
>Sun Prairie, WI
>To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website
>at www.frogmusic.com
>
>Coming soon: The Next Frog Music Release for the PR-300...watch here for
>more details

Now shipping:  HERITAGE HYMNS for the PR-300 and organ solo...play with a MIDI
Orchestra.