[rodgersorgan] Music at Christmas/role of Organs in Church

  • From: Bill Collins <biljanco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:26:24 -0600

To my fellow list members,
I am a bass player and guitarist wanna-be.  I have played guitar in our
church a few times and am scheduled to acompany some other musicians for a
Christmas Sing a Long service in a few weeks.  Our church is mostly
Liturgical, and these "contemporary" things are kind of enjoyable, even from
the position of most of our older folks.  We still will include the prayers,
bible messages and a short sermon.  I have played with our organists, whom I
admire,  but  I always felt that mixing different music styles and
instruments added something to the services.  The organ is certainly the
foundation of our music, but other instruments have been welcomed, too.

On the difference of opinions,  that is how we learn from each other and
build.  I joined this list mainly because I had some Walker tone cabinets to
sell (hopefully to a good home, behind a Rogers), but I have remained due to
the great exchange of ideas and info, which I have shared with our organists
and other musicians and choir members.  Not being an organist, I don't
understand everything you all talk about, but still enjoy it and have
learned several things.  I feel like this is one of the best and informative
lists there is, and hope everyone else enjoys it as much or more than I do.
And I hope my not being a knowledgeable organist like you isn't offensive to
anyone.
Thanks again.
Bill Collins

-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html