[rodgersorgan] Merry Christmas!

  • From: "Carlo Pietroniro" <organist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carlo Pietroniro" <organist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:55:46 -0500

I'd like to wish everyone here a very Joyous & Blessed Christmas!

May all your organs stay in tune!

With all the services/masses we all have to play, we're all going to need a
vacation!

At the basilica, all the extra chairs have been put out, and with the pews
filled, the extra chairs, and the lower loft......2200 people, and we always
get more than that! There are 2 ornate staircases at the back, that lead up to
the lofts, and there's usually people standing there too....one person per
step.

Do any of you find that when the church is full, you have to use more 'organ'?
People seem to soak up the sound.

Carlo Pietroniro
St. Patrick's Basilica
Montreal, Quebec