[rodgersorgan] Losing Piston settings

  • From: CJBakers@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:29:15 -0400

Hi all,
I have been following this thread with interest.  "Piston lost" was the primary
reason I kept the organ locked when I was actively playing.  That way,  I could
talk to the person before letting them "have at it".

I will point out that if you have a Rodgers and a PR-300s you can dump all of
your pistons to a floppy disk.  On my 577, the process is:
1. Start recording on the PR-300s
2. Press set and the memory bank piston (M1, M2 etc.) and hold.
3. In the window you will see "Bank Sending Please Wait.."
4. When the message changes to "Memory Bank Sent Press Cancel" you are done.

To restore:
1.  Begin playback.
2.  Message "Bank Receiving Please Wait..." is shown
3.  Message "Bank Received Store or Cancel" is shown
4.  Stop Playback
5.  Hold Set and press and hold the memory bank you want to assign"

You can store each bank as a separate "song" on the same disk and scroll
through them as necessary.

I have only used the 577, but I would assume the process is the same on most
Rodgers organs.

Clay
New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com