[rodgersorgan] Re: Looking for some Advice

  • From: "Dan Miller" <dmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:52:28 PDT

John,

Would it be possible for you to actually see/hear/play the organs in question?
You could make a more definitive decision that way.

Sound comparison: The Trillium organs have newer pipe samples than the
835. (But the 835 sounds GREAT too!)  The T787 and T797 also have a Voice
Palette "Royal Trumpet 8" stop that is effective for Trumpet Tunes, etc. and
internal orchestral and choral stops that aren't found in the 835.

Audio comparison: the T787/T797 models are available as internal audio, if
that's your preference (or internal + external or 5 channel external too); the
835 is 6 channel external audio only.

Other considerations favoring a new Trillium: Dimensional Sound Modeling
(even in the headphones!), greater & easier MIDI controls from the console,
more memory folders per Smart Media Card than the Personal Memory Card,
warranty, resale value, etc.

But yet again, the 835 has Swell super and sub couplers... However, the
Trillium's 4' Unda Maris II, Chimes, strings, choral voices, Brass, etc etc etc
are awesome...

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with whichever organ you decide to get!

best regards,
Dan