[rodgersorgan] Introduction

  • From: "H.J. Zivnak" <bz.truck@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:12:43 -0700

Hello Listers,

By way of introduction my name is Joe Zivnak. I am the owner of the
Riverside (CA) Fox Theatre, a vintage 1929 Vaudeville and Movie house that I
am in the process of restoring.

Until we get to the point of installing a Wurlitzer to replace the original
Style 216 we are using a very nice Rodgers 33-E that I acquired from the
estate of the late Dr. John Nagle.

I studied organ as a child in the early 1960s on a Hammond, my instructor
owned a Trio. I still have the RT-3, but it was my search for a Trio, or
something similar, for my 11 year old daughter that lead to the purchase of
a Wurlitzer, 235SP (Opus 1839), the Fox, and the 33-E.

At the time I purchased the Rodgers I hadn't touched an organ in three
decades. I couldn't remember a note of the music I had learned. I started
playing scales to limber up and lo, my music started coming back to me. It's
about the best second childhood I could have.

Unfortunately, the Fox was broken into and the perpetrators got away with
the bench, glock and all of the amps for the speakers. I have been given
some leads on amps, but have had no luck on the bench and glock.

Does anyone have any leads on these items? I am willing to try to have a
bench built if I can find a sample of, or drawings for the original bench.
(Are you out there George Kirkwood?) The Glock could be replaced with newer
synthesized electronics and not hurt my feelings too much. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Joe Zivnak