[rodgersorganusers] Re: Internet Organ Pricing, etc.

  • From: "John G. Cormack" <jackjack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:12:31 -0500

At 08:40 PM 10/30/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>So......
>
>Would the Rodgers and Allen dealers all be willing to show us their dealer
>invoice the way you can get a automobile dealer cost from various sources?
>
>Pat
Pat:

I doubt it.  The automobile dealer counts on getting your service business
on which they make a sizeable profit.  There is very little-to-no service
business for organs so the organ dealers must make their profit on the
original sale.

My experience with the local Rodgers dealer and the "other brand" dealer
is that Rodgers was willing to quote a reasonable price range "up front"
whereas the other brand dealer quote prices to me and another prospective
buyer that varied by about 20% for the identical organ with self contained
speakers.
We didn't buy the "other brand".
Also the Rodgers dealer showed me an industry booklet that showed the
selling prices from
Rodgers dealers across the country so I could feel comfortable that the
price being negotiated with me was in line with what other dealers were
getting.  My price was a trifle higher than West Coast dealers since shipping
cost to the Washington DC area are higher than California, and this area is
high cost for everything including real estate, food, services, etc.

My experience with our Rodgers dealer continues on a friendly cordial basis.

Sincerely,

Jack

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!

Shop for Playing Guides to your Rodgers Organ at Frog Music Press