[rodgersorganusers] Re: Internet Organ Pricing, etc.

  • From: Bardo Ellen <Ellen.Bardo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:23:38 -0500

You may be an informed buyer, but the average person on an organ committee
is not.  The first thing they want to talk about is price, and the lower it
is the better.  I would not want prices listed on the internet for the
simple reason people are looking for the cheapest cost, and they don't think
about speakers and installation.  One even said their shouldn't be a cost to
install it (they just have to wheel it in the church and put it where the
present organ is).  Like I said, you're an informed buyer--the average
person on the committee just wants it to come in under budget so they can
say we spent less money than we had available.  The way it sounds you think
the dealer is out to gouge you.