[rodgersorgan] Hooking MIDI keyboard to Rodgers Organ)

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:07:24 -0400

Welcome!  I forget where St. Marks is in Cleveland...

Anyhow, to use a MIDI keyboard with the Rodgers you have to find out if it is
GM
MIDI.  To do that, connect the cables out to in and in to out (let's all
remember, the normal MIDI path is a circle, midi goes out of one and into the
the other)

I used to work with an idiot who would connect in to in and out to out and
expect it to work.  Unfortunately, I couldn't fire the idiot because the idiot
was me.  Did it just a couple of months ago. To make it even worse the midi
voices played softly, so I thought it was plugged in right.

Anyhow, once you have it plugged in, press MIDI GT A.
It will light up.
Then hold SET and press key #1 on the lowest keyboard.

Play a chord on the GT.  Do you hear Piano?

Then, hold SET again and play the highest a-flat on the lowest keyboard.  Got
Milk?  I mean, Trumpet?  If so the instrument appeared to be GM and you may be
able to access all the GM voices in the keyboard directly from the organ MIDI
pistons using the capital tones PR-300 chart which you  will find under SUPPORT
on our web site.

If this does not work, make a chart of what voices you can get by pressing keys
on the Rodgers...also email the group and we have a number of members who can
help figure out your hookup and voice compatibility.

Also, make sure you plug the AUDIO OUT L and R into the ORGAN LINE IN sockers.
Sounds much better through the organ than any other system in the house.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

!