[rodgersorgan] Hello

  • From: "jjc123" <jjc123@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:02:56 -0600

Hello, all.

My name is John, I am Director of Music/Principal Organist/Choir Conductor
at St. Ann's Catholic Church in Salt Lake City, Utah.

 We just bought a T927.  I have a long history with Rodgers.  I owned a 650
in 1984 (I purchased an organ instead of a car after high school), at that
time, I was organist at St. Patrick's Church in SLC.  St. Pats bought a
Rodgers 740.   I sold the 650 when I got married and moved to California,
where I was Director of Music for a large parish that had a Rodgers 330 (an
oldie but a goodie).

Anyway.  I must tell everyone how pleased we are with the instrument.  This
weekend will be the first time the congregation hears it...everyone who has
heard it so far is stunned by the sound!  The parish had a Hammand from
1968-2002, when an Allen was donated (model 182).  The new pastor is a
musician and puts a very high priority on Liturgy and Music.  He felt that
the Allen was less than adequate...and he got no arguments from me!

We looked at Allen, Gallanti and Rodgers, with a brief side glance at
Viscount and Johanus.  No one even came close  to the Rodgers!

Thanks,

John

Enter our Free Organ Shoes Contest before November 1st.

New link to Christmas Music at www.frogmusic.com!