[rodgersorgan] Re: Good organs, badly installed.

  • From: <dallas_wood1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:59:55 -0400

Hello everyone,

  I just wanted to comment quickly that i agree have seen both good and bad
installations regarding all pipe, all digital, and combinations of the two..
  I am currently re-building an instrument that will incorporate digital.
There are several reasons for going partially digital but the main point of
this e-mail is that one has to realize the importance of "finishing" an
instrument.  Not just installing it physically and tuned and walk away.  At
least half of the time i have allotted to this project is devoted entirely to
tonal finishing.  Great care is being taken to ensure that the correct samples
are matched with the period, make and voicing characteristics of the pipe work
to be used.  While this takes much patience and trial and error in many
circumstances do to acoustical and above mentioned circumstances, it must be
remembered that every single organ is built for a specific purpose and each one
"used" to be custom built for their intended location and must "finished" to
meet that goal.  Anything less than that intention or objective results in a
failed installation.  Today's technology allows for a miriad of solutions to
practically any challenge all the way from pipe-work availability to sound
systems and acoustical solutions and digital rank choices so if the above goals
are followed, the result should not have be a bad installation.

Best Regards,

Al

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com