[rodgersorgan] Foolin' with Tremulants...

  • From: "noel jones, aago" <zimbelstern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:25:49 -0400

Rodgers has a lot of faith in ti's salespeople...hence the open door
policy to voice organs using the GC-8 years ago, which opened the doors
at many other organ builders who were forced to follow suit and give
their sales people the ability to voice organs to match the rooms.

Rodgers also trusts organists with the care and setting of tremulants.

If you flick to the left in the User Menu you will find Tremulants. For
each division of the organ you may find a Flute (for flutes), Main
(other than flutes) and Spare (special!), Flute VIB (more depth and
speed for Theatrical effects) and in the Swell sometimes Vox.

The RATE is the speed (I use one-Mississippi - two Mississippi - three
and so on as a gauge) and DEPTH is how far the pitch drops.

I used to set the trems a bit slower than they arrive and increased the
depth a little more than they arrive.

However, I have been on an early organ, bricks on the reservoir binge
and now set some of the MAIN slower and with less depth so there is
movement but not a lot of pitch definition when used with the reeds...

It's time to jump in here and talk this one over!

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

A MIDI Musical Christmas 2002
An Angelic Christmas 2001
Music for the PR-300 and Organ Solo at Frog Music Press

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com