[rodgersorgan] Re: Finale, Cakewalk with Rodgers

  • From: CJBakers@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:58:20 EDT

Keith,
You make a good point, so I want to clarify my comments.
Both Finale and Cakewalk are powerful tools and as such do what they do very
well.  As fully stand alone products, they both have some features that they
do not perform as well as their core functionality (in my opinion).  For
example, you can print a score view of a MIDI file using Cakewalk and you can
do
MIDI editing with Finale.  What I was trying to say was the way that *I* use
the
products is to create the score and the 90% completed MIDI file using Finale.
Then I turn to Cakewalk to edit the MIDI file (using the strengths of the
product that Finale can't come close to).
What I was trying to point out was that if you're on a tight budget, you can
probably get by with one or the other, just purchase the one whose core
functionality you will use the most (Cakewalk for MIDI editing, Finale for
score
preparation).

Let's move this discussion over to the Music Sequencing and Notation support
group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FrogMusicNotateSequence/) and we can go
as deep into the bits and bytes as anybody wishes.

Clay

Enter our Free Organ Shoes Contest before November 1st.

New link to Christmas Music at www.frogmusic.com!