[rodgersorgan] Re: Contemporary Music in Church

  • From: Ferdinand Kuhn <ujk_ffk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:37:36 -0400

Hi Clark - Fred here - e-musician, StAndrew, Stuart, FL

Here are my last words: I have been a member of the Association of Pastoral
Musicians, NPM, in DC, for many years and learnt a lot as to what to do and what
not to do with music, choirs, and congregations in the house of God.

I learnt to like and play any style of church music and I know how to overcome
difficulties with non-cooperative domain experts. I am an avid supporter of
Organ
Music and congregations are my favorite singers. The task that we have is to
engage them into singing, because I believe, that God doesn't hear MIDI nor
electronics, only our voices from our hearts. - Enough said.

Look at NPM's web site: < www.NMP.org >. They sponsor organ workshops, organ
accreditation, cantor workshops and the list goes on and on. I attended several
of their annual meetings and always came back full of vim and vigor.

And that's that. - God Bless Musicians, especially organists.

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com