[rodgersorgan] Re: Classical Music Archives

  • From: "John G. (Jack) Cormack" <jackjack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:52:42 -0400

At 07:42 PM 10/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>You could get a MIDI interface for the computer to play the organ. Redirect
>the output of your MIDI player on the computer from the sound card to the
>MIDI interface.
>
>I do that all the time on a T927.
>
>--
>John Cormack
======================================

Amplifying the previous message:

1. Does your computer have a MIDI interface?  Some computers have a sound
card that does not have an external MIDI connector.  We recently bought a
Compaq computer with a built-in sound card without an external connector.
So we installed a "Soundblaster Live" card that does have the external
interface
and de-activated the Compaq built-in sound card.  So we can play
downloaded files that have the MID extension as part of the file name.
We can also record MIDI files with Cakewalk.

If you have the external interface and MIDI cables connecting your computer to
the MIDI connectors on the organ, then your MIDI files should play after you
have configured the computer interface to send the MIDI commands to the organ.

Sincerely,

Jack Cormack

A MIDI Musical Christmas 2002
An Angelic Christmas 2001
Music for the PR-300 and Organ Solo at Frog Music Press

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com