[rodgersorgan] Re: Classical Music Archives

  • From: "John Cormack" <jcorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:42:32 -0400

You could get a MIDI interface for the computer to play the organ. Redirect
the output of your MIDI player on the computer from the sound card to the
MIDI interface.

I do that all the time on a T927.

--
John Cormack

> Well, now...I hope I didn't do something stupid by buying an unuseable
contains
> several MIDI files from http://www.classicalarchives.com/index.html, but
the
> message I get is something along the lines of "cannot play this type of
> file."  Noel, Ed, Mark, do you guys (or anyone) know why this is?  These
> appear to be normal MIDI files (they play on my computer), and other MIDI
> files play just fine on the PR-300S. They claim that these files play on
any
> MIDI player. Am I doing something wrong or is there some switch I need to
> throw to get these to play?  Maybe someone else can grab one of the files,
> try it on theirs, and see if they get the same message.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Richard Wildhirt
> Federal Way, WA
> St. Luke's Lutheran Church
> Rodgers 940/PR-300S

A MIDI Musical Christmas 2002
An Angelic Christmas 2001
Music for the PR-300 and Organ Solo at Frog Music Press

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com