[rodgersorgan] Re: Classical Music Archives

  • From: Stephanie Mondello <stephm60030@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

I had some problems getting my PR300S to read standard MIDI files generated by
a Yamaha sequencer.  However I discovered (through the assistance of this good
group) that if I opened the troublesome file using a regular Cakewalk Music
Creator program and then saved it that the problems disappear and the PR-300S
can read it just fine.
Stephanie Mondello Grayslake, IL
 Richard Wildhirt <rwildhirt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, now...I hope I didn't do something stupid by buying an unuseable
subscription. I put the disk in the PR-300S last night. The disk contains
several MIDI files from http://www.classicalarchives.com/index.html, but the
message I get is something along the lines of "cannot play this type of
file." Noel, Ed, Mark, do you guys (or anyone) know why this is? These
appear to be normal MIDI files (they play on my computer), and other MIDI
files play just fine on the PR-300S. They claim that these files play on any
MIDI player. Am I doing something wrong or is there some switch I need to
throw to get these to play? Maybe someone else can grab one of the files,
try it on theirs, and see if they get the same message.

Thanks for the help.

Richard Wildhirt
Federal Way, WA
St. Luke's Lutheran Church
Rodgers 940/PR-300S

>From: "Richard Wildhirt"
>To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [rodgersorgan] Classical Music Archives
>Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:13:41 +0000
>

>I just stumbled onto http://www.classicalarchives.com/index.html. Is
>anyone
>else aware of this site? It is fantastic, and for only $25 a year, you get
>more MIDI downloads than you can handle. I just got a bunch on a floppy
>disk, and I'm going down to the church tonight to try 'em out.
>

>Richard Wildhirt
>Federal Way, WA
>St. Luke's Lutheran Church
>Rodgers 940/PR-300S

Richard

faith.yahoo.com

A MIDI Musical Christmas 2002
An Angelic Christmas 2001
Music for the PR-300 and Organ Solo at Frog Music Press

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com