[rodgersorganusers] Cakewalk frustration

  • From: Edwin S Russell <ed_russell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:42:10 -0800

I am using Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 to edit a MIDI file created
on a Rodgers organ with PR-300S (and saved as SMF).  I have been
able to do most of the editing that I need to do except one thing and
I do not seem to be able to find how to do what I think should be
very simple.

There are a couple of places in this piece where a chord was held
too long and it disrupts the rhythm.  All I want to do is remove one
beat from one measure and shift everything that follows over to fill
the gap.  That is I want to delete 24:02:000-24:03:000.

I have been able (I think) to "select" that one beat but the edit-delete
menu only seems to delete things like tempo changes, events, etc.
Doing the delete does not remove/shorten the notes.

I have tried everything I can think of -- even resorting to trying to
make
sense out of the "help" information.  I think I have done what the help
stuff suggests as well but it does not remove what I want removed.

Can any of you Cakewalk experts help?

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!