[rodgersorgan] Re: Basic Rodgers Questions Forum Today

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:11:38 -0400

"However, some voices on the PR 300 are rubbish while others are quite useable."

I have noticed this with all voice modules...even the pipe oriented boxes.
However,
I was really impressed with th epipe voices on th eRodgers W-50 keyboard when
it was
available.

Remember, some people's trashs is another's recyclable treasure....I don't
think we
all have explored the kind of voice altering software that is available to
modify
PR-300 voices....combining and filtering, as well as using sounds in
layers....often
some of the unuseables become very helpful in those situations.

However, if you are just using it vocie by voice, there are some that were
definitelt consumer-oriented, others that are more techno, and others that
thrill
rock band members....all of this is due to the origination of the PR-300 as a
device
that was and is a Roland item for general sale, housed in a configuration that
has
made it as staple of the Roland Line (Search under Roland Music Time) and kept
it
porduction for Rodgers' use too, I guess.