[rodgersorgan] Re: Baptist and Pipe Organs

  • From: CHBlanchrd@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:52:12 EDT

Dear Group:

I am the organist at a very large Baptist church.  We have a rich tradition
of organ music in our church, and in general a fine music program, both
traditional and contemporary.

Several years ago we started a musical arts school.  It has been a great
success.  The students had their Spring recital last week--3 hours of music
students.  It made me feel great to hear a 12 year old play the Rutter
Toccata (the one in sevens) on one of our pipe organs.  Our instruments are
always made available to our members and especially our young people.  We as
organists need to nurture our young musicians in any way possible.  My church
has done a magnificent job in not only providing the finest worship
experience possible, but also in reaching our community with musical events
and education.

I just wanted to let everyone know that not all Baptist churches key their
instruments "under lock and key".

Cathy Blanchard
Calvary Baptist Church, Clearwater

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com