[rodgersorganusers] Re: Adding external subwoofer to 577

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:17:23 -0500

Actually, now that I have read on other lists that you are working with
a 577, wait!

There  is a lot of pedal there...if voiced properly.  Locally we have
found too much pedal to be a problem with them.

You may also find the mono stops from a add on module rather dry
compared to the Rodgers MX-200....

I'd suggest seeing if your dealer would loan you one to try...and also
pick up a subwoofer from Radio Shack or someplace like that where you
can try it and return it if you do not like the effect.

What would I do first to improve a 557 Internal?  Buy two speakers and
an amp and have your dealer supply an output cable so you can actually
use all four (FR FL, RR, RL) RSS channels in your room.  Place the two
new speakers behind you....channel RR and RL to them.  You will notice a
drastic improvement, and these are things that will improve the sound of
the pedals since you are creating a virtual sound space of three
dimensions.  Adding a subwoofer then would be even better, if it works
for you.

THe layout as above is: INT MAIN and FL and FR, EXT RL and RR.

noel jones

noel jones