[rodgersorganusers] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: MX-200

  • From: "Dieter" <misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:29:31 +0100

Erik: Sorry, but the MX-200 does not have a performance mode :-(
I agree that a XV module can create multi-timbral patches with
no external help. On the other hand, they do not have the extra
64MB waveform memory with all the high-resolution organ and
orchestral voices. Even the MX's hardware is almost identical
with a XV-2020, the "important" sounds which make the big
difference won't be found in any of the XV modules.

I assume there will be a system software update at some point
which will activate the USB port and may also allow to use
the XV editor software to "tweak" the internal sounds. The
system software is in a Flash ROM and can be easily updated.

Dieter Schuster
Frankfurt/Germany