[rodgersorgan] Re: 2. Uses for a PR-300

  • From: Srorganist@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:36:04 EDT

Hello Fellow Organists:

That is not a fantasy - recording the entire service and playing it back.

I've had to do this twice because of not being able to find a substitute.
The only complaint I had was from the soloist.  I had her come in the evening
I made the recording and we rehearsed her solo.  Then I had her sing it again
and recorded the accompaniment.  I stressed the fact that she would have to
sing it exactly the same way because I was not going to be able to follow her
this time.  [The solo was "How Beautiful Upon the Mountains, not an easy work
to sing in any case].

Someone in the congregation, not realizing what was involved and that each
hymn and piece of service music was on a different track, wondered how I was
able to time everything down to the last second so the music fit where it was
supposed to.  I'm still laughing about that.

I have since moved away from that city and the person who took the organist
job was lured away to another position.  They have not had any luck finding a
new organist and since I have a 950 (as well as the church) I am going to
record all of the service music and email it to them.  They can download it
to a floppy disk and I'll be there for the service - from 200 miles away.
Isn't Rodgers and the PR300S great?

David Dillon
Tulsa, Oklahoma
To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com

Now shipping:  HERITAGE HYMNS for the PR-300 and organ solo...play with a MIDI
Orchestra.