[roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober - Voting is cool!

  • From: Kenneth Brown <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 02:51:10 -0700

Jeff,

I really liked the set up at Plaster Blaster:

No Flight Cards
No PA system
Perhaps 8 rods all small
A simple controller, match number of rods to capability of controller
No annoucements. The supervisor helps the kids work the controller, kid pushes
the button for his/her own rocket and can count it down if they want. The whole
group yelling it out is best.
Supervisor RSO's the rockets. most of the rockets will be nicely stable kits
and will just take a quick look that the fins are on straight. Many of the
rocket will be "ready to fly" models and don't need to much checking.

up to the NAR code. The kids were launching, recovering and reloading in record
times. Parents were spending the college funds to keep the little hellions in
black powder.

Ken