[roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober

  • From: David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:49:20 -0700

On 6/26/2012 9:23 AM, Richard Dierking wrote:

NO!

There are plenty of times when even six pads aren't enough. The problem isn't that there are too many pads waiting to be filled, it's a management issue (time/pad management). It's the problem of not cycling pads, even if a bank only has one rocket.

I had proposed some kind of chart last year, with a pointer, that could simply have the hand rotated or some such to show which banks were coming up next, but it was noted as 'too much additional work' to try and show pad order.

I don't have the ultimate solution, but the BASELINE PROBLEM is that any bank with a rocket on it should be fired in rotation with all other banks.

Here's one other possible solution/proposal -- have a little box attached to the controller that would track which banks haven't been flown (this would be 'reset' or 'changed' by detecting the arming switch for the bank being thrown). It could then show something like the order of the next upcoming three banks, thus 'reminding' the LCO what's up next.

I'm sure that others have simple, non-intrusive methods that we can come up with -- but the bottom line issue is that the first person to put a rocket on a bank should NOT have to be waiting half-an-hour for their rocket to launch.

David Erbas-White

Just a thought; do you think setting up 4 pads per bank instead of the normal 6 would help?
Richard Dierking