[roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober

  • From: "Robert Bosch. Dago" <dago3331@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard Dicinson <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 19:59:43 -0700

Yes!! Kennth;. you do have a good point. if it dose make it a better and easier
method! for the club, and the launchs; well than that is that , and my hat will
be off to you, but I,ve have been going to the Roc for many years and camping
with my cousin and his wife and friends, "Well I am so used of the old Roc, the
fun and the memorys will allways be inbedded in my head and heart for ever.
well I hope for the BEST To you Roc Members, and "I" will Keep my Fingers
crossed!! for the Best; For all of us Rocket Junkies hoping to see A new Roc
Experement in action, and for these new changes to be a Succes!!. :-)).
Robbie./ Robert Boschketto/Dago.

From: ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 02:24:06 -0700
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert,

Change is always tough, but ROC has been growing and growing. The range set up
had to change to make certain that private property rights would be respected
and the BLM would be happy. The board really worked hard to get all of that
done with the new permits as fast as they did. THANK YOU!

If we can come up with some good ideas on streamlining the launch procedure,
refine it and use it consistently it shouldn't be crappy, it should be a
noticeable improvement. After a few months with the new range set up and a
faster system of getting rockets launched, it will seem like old hat.

Ken Brown

On Jun 24, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Robert Bosch. Dago wrote:

PLEASE KEEP THE SITE HOW IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN!!!" PLEASE " It will never be the
same if you did that. I like it how it has allways been. when a person or a
group changes things it ALLWAYS TURNS OUT LIKE CRAPPPPPP. And some pepole or a
lot of pepole are not going to like the new ideas and also to add Every body is
so used to the way it has allways been, Thank you for reading my two cents
worth of MY opinioun, I LOVE THE ROC STOCKS Events how they have allways BEEN,
And I would be ONE OF THOSE UNHAPPY Pepole Knowing that someones has changed
the format and made every thing a whole more hecktic for every one
entertainment of launching OUR Rockets, and OUR KIDS ROCKETS!!. So Please
reconceder that Thought!!. :-))). ( P.S.) I allways LIKE THE ORIGINALS Of every
thing. Robbie Boschetto/ Dago3331@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:33:44 -0700
From: richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, this topic has come up a couple of times that I know of over the last 5
years.  I haven't been with the club nearly as long as some people.  When the
split range is discussed, there's always a concern for safety and I think the
people that are against this have a good point; it could be too complicated.

Again, how about just running a ROCstock size event in October?  We are not
telling the youth groups they can't participate.  In fact, it might be nice to
have all the help.

Richard Dierking

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Woa... I did stir the pot.
Got a couple of polite emails (thx) and a no-so-polite one.

I've been in ROC on and off since 1997. I did not pull the idea of a separate
LPR missfire alley out of thin air. ;)
Its in the archives. I've been told:

1) "Who'll staff a low power area?"
(Mike? <grin>) Oh heck I'd take my turn! :) Maybe even train some scout leaders?

2) "Who'll tell them heads up if a larger rocket is heading their way?"
(Radio link - air horn? :) ). And a good size buffer zone

3) "Kids WANT the adults to see their rocket. They don't want to be separated
from the 'Big Guys'."
This one I can not solve.