[roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober

  • From: Kenneth Brown <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 02:16:03 -0700

JPL went and changed their open house to the same weekend as RocStock this
year. I like to go to both when I can afford it. If ROCStock changes to May,
JPL will go back to their usual dates in May. Ahhhhhhhhh

Kids usually get out of school the first week of June so having ROCStock the
second weekend in June means that the kids (and their credit card wielding
parents) can go for all three days. Switching to May might be bad for families
since taking a day off of school so close to the end of the year is tough. Even
if they are only going for a day or two, older kids are stuck with studying for
finals and getting projects done that they have put off until the last minute.
(I must be getting old, I am remembering more and more of my childhood).

Ken "King of the Last Minute" Brown