[roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober

  • From: "Robert Bosch. Dago" <dago3331@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard Dicinson <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 18:49:57 -0700

"No- Way,!! Just a Root beer,! :-((  "How MEAN; A man who is the "God Father"
to OUR "ROC Club" Deserves A CASE OF HIENIKIN, Dark loger, to OUR; God Father,
"Not that Rootbeer crapp. "I" Robbie, also Vote for #3 please change June To
May. Everybody will be happy; and Have it on Memorial day weekend;( HOW
AMERICAN Can THAT GET, U.S.A )- "All the way,"!!., And the weather will be
awsome for all day flying, so we won,t have to dogg that dam wind and the sand
blasting every mid afternoon,. May Is ALL THE WAY. Robbie Boschketto
Dago3331@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 18:18:26 -0700
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober
From: richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I definitely support 5, because Mike has done a lot of work at ROCtobers.  For
Payton, I'll get him a cold root beer.

Richard

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Mike & Nancy Kramer <kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

discussion - healthy, really!

So the ideas out for discussion were:

1) Should we move ROCstock to October
1a) If so what becomes of ROCtober
2) Should we have 2 fall over night launches
3) should we move June Rocstock to May
3A) If so, should we keep some flexibility in for 'special events - I.E. LDRS
NSL
4) is there a way to speed up the front row including one of the following;
4A) add mini range
4B) Add a front row only RSO - Pad manger (during busy times)
4C) add more pads
4D) no more announcing rockets to be launched on the front
4E) don't change anything
5) Buy Mike Kramer a beer, cold preferably dark

Just putting it out there

Mike Kramer

On 6/24/2012 5:35 PM, Gregory Lyzenga wrote:

On Jun 24, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Richard Dierking wrote:

Yup, this came up as well.  I can't recall if Greg mentioned this in the
announcement?

ROC's been around long enough that many things are different to change
(accept?).  It's like turning an aircraft carrier :-)

Still, if you think something is better, you can't be afraid to put it on the
table.  Many times, I wish that people out there "lurking" on chat would speak
up - Robbie did!

Richard

No, I didn't mention this explicitly in the announcement, but it should be
understood that any ideas are welcome.  The hope is (a foolish hope??) that a
clear consensus will emerge from the group discussion, and the board will have
an easy time figuring out how to move forward.  Remember, in less than a month,
the board is going to vote on SOMETHING, and after that it is going to be too
late to complain.  So get busy and let the board know what their opinion should
be!  ;-)

Speaking of May ROC-Stock, that seems like a possibly viable idea with pros and
cons.  On the pro side, if we decide to host an NSL again in the future, it is
closer to the traditional time NAR aims for.  On the con side, it is farther
from the traditional dates of LDRS, should we decide to host that.  It's also
before school gets out, FWIW.  Anyway, things to think about and debate. I'm a
fan of good weather.

                          - Greg

Gregory A. Lyzenga  <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>           ***     (909) 621-8378
Dept. of Physics, Harvey Mudd College           *** cell(626) 808-5314
Claremont, CA 91711-5990                        *** fax (909) 621-8887
<http://tinyurl.com/LyzengaPhysics>