[roc-chat] Re: ROC Hams

  • From: "David P Smith" <davidp.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 23:00:05 -0700

That is exactly what I was thinking of using as an onboard APRs transmitter, with either a Byonics Tiny Track or an Arfent Data Opentracker, and a small GPSr module..

I will send along some 222MHz repeater frequencies, also. The Edison Amateur Radio Network has 13 linked 222 repeaters that cover quite a bit of ground. use by non members is not really discouraged, even though it technically is a closed repeater system.

Coverage at the lakebed is excellent using our machine on Oat Mountain.

David P Smith
NAR 78668 L2