[roc-chat] Re: On board Video?

  • From: Mike Riss <rockt_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 13:43:31 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 12/17/11, Michael Klett <xsive.guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to put a camera on my L3 certification flight.  I've used the
> cheapo spy cameras from China and they've worked pretty good.  I'll
> probably use one or two of them for some alternate shots.  Is there a
> better choice?  What have you used?  The GoPro Hero looks too bulky
> for a rocket.

I can't remember if it was on the 'chat or at RocStock (or both), but John
Howard recommended the Contour HD:

http://www.amazon.com/Contour-1300-ContourHD-Helmet-Camera/dp/B002QGSYZ4

Full HD 1080p, easy to use, the right form factor whether attached inside or
outside the rocket, lots of accessories (for mounting, plus polarized lenses)
and the price has dropped due to a new model being released (IIRC).

Mike