[roc-chat] In Line External Altimeter Bay

  • From: "RocketDog" <rocket1dog@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:29:25 -0700

I would like to take a RRC2 and place in an e-bay that will be ejected at
apogee.  The e-bay will be be secured between the 2 separated sections of the
rocket.  I will be using a cutter to release the “burrito” wrapped parachute.
I would like to be able to use the ebay in different rockets.  The motor
ejection charge will be used to push everything out.
I am wondering if the altimeter will function correctly as the descends to the
main deployment at 500 feet?   I know I could also use a timer without the
altimeter concerns.  However I prefer the altimeter. Thoughts please?