[roc-chat] Re: Electronics Bays

  • From: "Rich Silva" <richsilv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:17:57 -0700

For mounting E-tronics in a bay. My opinion would be that plastic rivets
would be out. There are too many ways for your e-bay to experience many
Gees. and since most of our electronics are built with G10 boards. The
pastic rivets would not stand a chance in any kind of shear situation.

Stick with screws and nuts.

Now, on the brass screw-cert business. I prefer T-nuts where I can use them.
Again, with the forces involved. T-nuts will hold up better in those extreme
cases than screw-certs. In most cases either work just fine.