[rmaexpress_help] Re: maximum number of arrays

  • From: Jun Ding <junding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rmaexpress_help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lana Schaffer <schaffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:21:29 -0500

Hi Lana,

I have used RMAexpress to process ~180 arrays (also HGU133 Plus2.0) in my desktop. The version I used was 0.4.1 Release. I don't know where the problem is, but just want to let you know that it was perfectly fine in my case.

Jun Ding, Ph.D. student
Department of Biostatistics
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI, 48105

Quoting Lana Schaffer <schaffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I am using RMAexpress v0.5alpha7 and found that I could process
120 arrays (HGU133 Plus2.0) but had a Runtime error when processing
150 arrays at the point of building the "Data Structures".  The memory
usage was not limiting and so it seems that an array was being over-written.
Is my only choice remaining to install onto linux?

Lana Schaffer
The Scripps Research Institute
DNA Array Core Facility
La Jolla, CA 92037