[rmaexpress_help] Re: maximum number of arrays

  • From: Jun Ding <junding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rmaexpress_help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lana Schaffer <schaffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:21:29 -0500

Hi Lana,

I have used RMAexpress to process ~180 arrays (also HGU133 Plus2.0) in my desktop. The version I used was 0.4.1 Release. I don't know where the problem is, but just want to let you know that it was perfectly fine in my case.

Best,
Jun

----------------------------
Jun Ding, Ph.D. student
Department of Biostatistics
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
----------------------------

Quoting Lana Schaffer <schaffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
I am using RMAexpress v0.5alpha7 and found that I could process
120 arrays (HGU133 Plus2.0) but had a Runtime error when processing
150 arrays at the point of building the "Data Structures".  The memory
usage was not limiting and so it seems that an array was being over-written.
Is my only choice remaining to install onto linux?

Lana Schaffer
Biostatistics/Informatics
The Scripps Research Institute
DNA Array Core Facility