[riscosweb] Met Office

  • From: David <grough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscosweb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:22:15 +0000 (GMT)

In article <gemini.j9nlkc000q5vz02v4.vince@xxxxxxxxxx>, VinceH
<vince@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2 Dec 2006, Chris Terran wrote:

> > The trouble is that the *page content* depends on JS. Even if you
> > can get to a forecast page, you can't see the relevant content
> > unless JS is enabled. Try disabling JS in Firefox and you'll see
> > the problem.

> You're right, it does - I didn't notice those document.writes, which
> were cunningly hidden in plain sight.

Long ago, I set up a page to access the met office printable for
Yorks/Lincs,

http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/yorkslincs_printable.html

along with the 5-day forecasts for Leeds, Doncaster & Sheffield,

http://www.meto.gov.uk/lib/includes/fsssi/city/leeds.html
http://www.meto.gov.uk/lib/includes/fsssi/city/doncaster.html
http://www.meto.gov.uk/lib/includes/fsssi/city/sheffield.html

all of which worked lovely with WebGet and Fresco but all of which now
no longer exist. I searched for substitutes giving the local weather at
a glance without too much extraneous matter and, I'm sorry to say, came
up with msn. This does throw up a javascript error but it doesn't seem
to affect the forecast information.

My new local weather look-up page is at

http://www.grough.btinternet.co.uk/weather/

which might give folks a few ideas. Any better ideas coming this way
are, of course, most welcome.

--
David - grough atcost btinternet fullstop com
www grough btinternet co uk/ (where'd me dots go to?)