[riscosweb] Family trees

  • From: Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscosweb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:30:46 +0100

Now that NetSurf's CSS1 handling is becoming more
complete I have been trying to use CSS to produce
graphical effects. I have cracked the business of
putting stuff into cartouches with rounded corners.
However, one thing still stumps me, and I wondered
if there was anyone on the list who could give me
ideas. In representing a family tree, like

             Dad = Mum

       ------------------------
      |      |        |       |
    Dopey  Grumpy   Sneezy   Doc

I use a table to lay out the cartouches for the kids
horizontally, with a top row having filled backgrounds
to produce the horizontal bar. The trouble is,
the ends of the bar stick out beyond the centres of
the first and last kids, like this

     -------------------------
      |    |    |    |    |

How do I produce

??
By the way, the whole point is to produce a picture which
stretches properly with the window. Simply producing a graphic
of fixed size is not what I am after.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/